Sunday, January 16, 2011

Best in show







HELLO AGAIN!
Well it has really been a long time, but I haven't stopped my baking.
The pictures above are of the birthday cupcakes my sister and I made for our mothers 50th birthday. They were vanilla, chocolate and banana with butter cream frosting. Some were decorated in edible glitter, some with lil red rose buds and pattern indented in the ready to roll icing, some with cachos. It was lots of fun. I don't really know where I got the idea for the teacup filled with red roses but I think it was a great idea.
As for the bottom left picture, I went to my first Cupcake camp. It was definitely a great learning adventure. I got to met with other cupcake makers from around Auckland (maybe even from further afield), to see what they had made and we even got to taste the cupcakes others had made. There were so many different styles and flavors!
I had entered the Best in show competition, making red velvet cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting, topped with lil chocolate hearts I had made from a mould. Then sprinkled them with coloured sugar and some edible glitter for extra sparkle. I even decorated the cake stand I took with pearls and feathers.
I didn't come anywhere that day but I learnt what I was capable of and was proud of myself for giving it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment