Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas is in the air, on my walls and on the floor...

Yes our tree has gone up, the stockings hung by the fire place and there is tinsel sprinkled accross our house in the anticipation for christmas day.
I was so proud of my children. Nikita decorated our 6ft tree with dad and Dylan out and I was sick on the couch. Then both of the kids continued to decorate their bedrooms, hang christmas cards and even find find the cd with endless carols.

We are officially ready!

So in the mood I finished work yesterday afternoon, comming home to bake the goodies. The fruit mince had been soaking in rum for about 3 weeks. I prepared the sweet short crust pastry into rounds, filled then baked two trays of christmas fruit mince pies, wrapped them in cellophane and added ribbon. Next I made chocolate rum balls with cream, milk chocolate and a little to much rum I think. Rolled them in cocoa powder and wrapped them in the cellophane and ribbon too. The gifts were ready and I dropped them up to work today.

With my christmas shopping almost complete I'm glad I don't have to fight my way through the crazy crowds. Every mother with her childs wish list in mind is out there, finding the best deals and grabbing the last toy off the shelves. Leaving last years toys for the last minute shopping mothers. That used to be me. Not this year. This year I'm prepared.

Oh until I have to hit the supermarket next week, just a few days before christmas.
Excuse me crazy mother comming through!

No comments:

Post a Comment