Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Silent Night?


Whoever wrote the song silent night clearly did not have a family. For the past week and a half we have had christmas parties, the children hyped up on fizzy and sugar and staying up later and later to watch every movie on t.v. Not to mentio our own hangovers. No silent night yet. As christmas day draws closer, there are more parties and treats on the way.
Then in previous years it's christmas eve and as a parent I'm wrapping the last minute pressies as I'm interuppted with a small voice "I can't get to sleep", " I'm not tired", or "I've got a sore tummy" As dad dives to hide the presents, I'm wrapping.
But I'm so glad it's never a quiet night in our house. It reminds me that christmas is all about the children and the excitement.
Merry Christmas to all and have a wonderful New Years! xx




No comments:

Post a Comment